Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The long sail

Moncton, NB – We’re two provinces away from Newfoundland already – and looking forward to being home! We had another perfectly beautiful driving day, with sunshine and warm (really warm!) temperatures.

We had calm waters for our crossing, and a lovely stateroom with windows at the bow of the ship, so we got a great view of the docking process this morning. And last night we had a tasty seafood alfredo dinner in the Flowers dining room – complete with a celebratory dessert.

As we settled into bed, the gentle rock-ing of the ship put us to sleep in no time. Unfortunate-ly, the gentle rock-ing did a number on me; I woke up this morning with a blazing headache and was sick as a dog. Not even my strongest pill had any effect, so I was a very poor traveling companion today.
The trip to Moncton went well – it was great to have a decent driving surface on the TransCanada Highway. It would have saved us a few convoluted detours if the signage about diesel fueling spots had been better – or had actually existed. Anyway, we found fuel eventually and made it to our destination without difficulty.

Val fended for himself supperwise while I took to our bed, but later I was able to eat a bit and I finally started to come around. What a day. Tomorrow will be much better, of that I am sure.

No comments: